Thank you for considering referring your patient to Changing Lives Adult & Youth Services. We offer a breadth of services to treat many mental health conditions, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities.
We work to ensure a smooth referral and transition process to help your patient find the right care they need to heal and recover.
CLAYS Admissions Process
All patients coming to CLAYS must be seen face-to-face by a licensed mental health professional directly preceding admissions. This could be a psychiatrist, a psychologist, a licensed social worker, or a psychiatric nurse practitioner. If a patient is being certified, the licensed mental health professional who evaluates the patient prior to admission must be licensed in the state of Maryland.
Some of the other questions you should be prepared to answer when completing the referral form include:
- Name of the patient?
- How old is your patient?
- What is your patient’s diagnosis?
- What are the current symptoms they are experiencing?
- Is your patient on any medications? What dosages are they receiving?
- What level of care are you looking for, and what behaviors or symptoms necessitate that level of care?
- Does the patient have any medical problems we need to know about?
- Is the patient experiencing any substance use problems?
We participate with Maryland Medicaid and Medicare (including CareFirst). Because of variations between policies, it is best to contact the patient’s insurer directly to determine whether we are in network for their plan.
We do accept self-pay patients at CLAYS as well.
If you would like to refer a patient to CLAYS, please complete the Referral Form via our secured, encrypted and HIPPA compliant electronic format. Once we have received the referral submission, a CLAYS representative will schedule an appointment for the patient to be evaluated by one of our licensed mental health professionals.